We’re wrapping up another great week with the following activities from the Apache community:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
– Next Board Meeting: 20 April 2022. Running Board calendar and minutes are available.
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
– 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the ASF’s Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 333 Apache Committers changed 4,901,028 lines of code over 3,786 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Louis Monteiro, Jianyun Cheng, Sebastian Bazley, Benoit Tellier, and James Netherton.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
– Apache APISIX 2.13.0 released
Big Data —
– Apache Calcite Avatica 1.30.0 released
– Apache SeaTunnel (Incubating) 2.1.0 released
– Apache Kyuubi (Incubating) 1.5.0-incubating released
– Apache Tuweni (Incubating) 2.2.0 released
– Apache POI 5.2.2 released
– Apache Syncope 2.1.11 released
– Apache Sling 12 released
– Apache IoTDB 0.13.0 released
– Apache StreamPipes (Incubating) 0.69.0 released
– Apache OpenJPA 3.2.2 released
– Apache Daffodil 3.3.0 released
– Apache Qpid Proton 0.37.0 and Qpid Dispatch 1.19.0 released
– Apache Pulsar 2.8.3 released
– Apache Solr Operator v0.5.1 released
– Apache Lucene 9.1.0 released
Did You Know?
– Did you know that improvements to Apache Drill 1.20 include backward
compatibility with Apache Hadoop 2; connectors for Apache Phoenix;
writing to JDBC data sources; support for new data file formats
(including Apache Iceberg and SAS files); and API query improvements?
– Did you know that Apache Calcite 1.30 includes Babel support for
<=> operator; SQL hints for temporal table join; fixtures so that
dependent projects can write parser, validator, and rules tests; and
upgrade jsonpath to fix CVE-2021-27568?
– Did you know that the CloudStack European User Group will be held virtually on 7 April?
Apache Community Notices
– Apache in 2021 – By The Digits + Video highlights
– Watch “Trillions and Trillions Served”, the documentary on the ASF 1) full feature [49 min] 2) “Apache Everywhere” [6 min] 3) “Why Apache” [2.5 min] 4) “Apache Innovation” [40 min]
– ASF Annual Report: FY2021 — Press release and Report (PDF)
– The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
– Foundation Reports and Statements
– Presentations from 2021’s ApacheCon Asia and [email protected] are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
– “Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works.”
– Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and The ASF page LinkedIn.
– Follow the Apache Community on Facebook and Twitter.
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to [email protected] and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, Planet Apache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.