Victoria has recorded no locally acquired COVID-19 cases for the third day running, with one infection in hotel quarantine.
There were 28,337 test results recorded on Friday, the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) said.
There are 40 active infections across the state, including people in hotel quarantine.
There are no coronavirus cases in Victorian hospitals or ICUs.
The testing figures do not include more than 10,000 test results which were held up on Friday after a hardware malfunction at a testing lab. Those tests were added to the previous day’s total.
The last confirmed local infection was announced on Wednesday, when the MCG and Chadstone Shopping Centre were listed as possible acquisition sites for a mystery case of the virus.
So far, no other infections have been linked to the man, who attended Boxing Day sales at the shopping centre and day two of the Boxing Day Test at the cricket ground before later testing positive.
Authorities are yet to determine the source of the infection, but genomic sequencing has linked the strain to an outbreak in Sydney’s northern beaches.
The “index case” of the Black Rock cluster, which grew to 27 cases earlier in the week, also remains unknown.
Border closed to Greater Brisbane
It comes as Victoria officially closed its border to Greater Brisbane late on Friday night, after a case of the highly infectious UK strain of the virus was detected in the sunshine state.
Anyone who has been in the area on or after January 2 cannot enter Victoria without an exemption.
The new Greater Brisbane “red zone” includes the Brisbane City Council, Redland City Council, Ipswich City Council, Moreton Bay Regional Council and Logan City Council areas.
People who have already arrived in Victoria from Greater Brisbane need to get tested and isolate until at least 6:00pm Monday.
Heightened fears about the new strain mean Queensland authorities are tracing the close contacts of a woman who flew from Melbourne to Brisbane after testing positive for the UK variant.
She was cleared to leave hotel quarantine on January, in line with previous protocols, and is considered to be an “extremely low” risk.
“With a normal variant we would not be as concerned … but because of this new variant we are just being ultra-cautious,” Queensland Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young said.
Meanwhile, a dumpling restaurant in Melbourne’s east has been added to Victoria’s list of coronavirus exposure sites.
A confirmed positive case visited Block 7 Dumplings in Ringwood, in the Eastland shopping centre, between 8:10am and 8:45am on December 29.
Anyone who was in the store at the same time should monitor for symptoms, and if symptoms develop, immediately get tested and isolate until they have a negative result.